SOCIEUX+ EU Expertise on Social Protection, Labour and Employment is a facility for technical cooperation between public and social partner peers established and co-funded by the European Union (EU). The general objective is to expand and improve access to better employment opportunities and inclusive social protection systems.
Based on the peer exchange model, SOCIEUX+ shares knowledge and experiences through short-term missions and activities that enhance the capacity to design, manage, and monitor inclusive, effective, and sustainable employment strategies and social protection systems.
SOCIEUX+ mobilises European public expertise for short-term technical cooperation activities with their peers outside the EU, and is available in more than 155 eligible countries and territories worldwide.
How we work
SOCIEUX+ is results-oriented and demand-driven. It responds to the direct requests of public institutions and social organisations in more than 155 EU partner countries. SOCIEUX+ actions are micro-projects implemented through short-term activities.
Our actions and activities are based on the following principles:
- Demand -drivenProcesses and goals are driven by partner countries and institutions.
- Diversification of expertiseMulti-country, multi-sectoral expertise allows us to provide the best technical assistance.
- High qualityDelivering high-quality technical assistance.
- Institutional collaborationFostering relationships between EU Member States. Partner Countries and Institutions.
- Knowledge developmentCapitalising on existing knowledge and contributing to the creation of new understanding.
- Partnership-basedActions complement and create synergies with existing development programmes.
- OwnershipRequests and actions are driven by the demands and needs of Partner Countries and Institutions.
- Peer-to-peerCollaboration is based on peer-exchange approaches between institutions, experts, and practitioners.
- Public expertiseExpertise comes from the public institutions of EU Member States.
- Results-based managementActions are always focused on achieving set results.
- Short termActions have a short and concrete nature, comprising 1 to 4 activities.
- Triangular cooperationSupporting cooperation between two or more Partner Countries and/or between Partner Countries and EU Member States.
SOCIEUX+ is a technical cooperation facility set up and co-funded by the EU through the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Partnerships (INTPA) and the governments of France, Spain, and Belgium, and implemented by a partnership composed of Expertise France (the partnership lead), Fundación Internacional y para Iberoamérica de Administración y Políticas Públicas (FIIAPP) from Spain, Belgian International Cooperation on Social Protection (BELINCOSOC), and the Belgian Development Agency (Enabel).
SOCIEUX+ and the 2030 Agenda
The SOCIEUX+ themes of social protection and employment are key components of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. SOCIEUX+ addresses several Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) directly and indirectly, especially:
As part of its strategy to foster peer-to-peer international cooperation among public institutions and social partners, SOCIEUX+ establishes strategic partnerships with collaborative institutions. These are public or mandated institutions of excellence in EU member states with recognised expertise on social protection, labour or employment.
SOCIEUX+ collaborates with: