We are a technical cooperation facility which supports the creation of inclusive social protection systems and employment policies. Our goal is to foster peer-to-peer relationship among EU Member States and countries for the design and creation of fair social & employment systems. Since 2013, we offer technical cooperation activities to 155 countries.
How we work
We are demand-driven facility. Institutions and countries can request technical cooperation from SOCIEUX+ in the areas of social protection, employment and labour.
Our actions and activities are based on the following principles:
- Demand -drivenProcesses and goals are driven by partner countries and institutions.
- Diversification of expertiseMulti-country, multi-sectoral expertise allows us to provide the best technical assistance.
- High qualityDelivering high-quality technical assistance.
- Institutional collaborationFostering relationships between EU Member States. Partner Countries and Institutions.
- Knowledge developmentCapitalising on existing knowledge and contributing to the creation of new understanding.
- Partnership-basedActions complement and create synergies with existing development programmes.
- OwnershipRequests and actions are driven by the demands and needs of Partner Countries and Institutions.
- Peer-to-peer experienceCollaboration is based on peer-to-peer approaches between institutions, experts and practitioners.
- Public expertiseExpertise comes from the public institutions of EU Member States.
- Results-based managementActions are always focused on achieving set results.
- Short termActions have a short and concrete nature, comprising 1 to 4 activities.
- South-South and triangular cooperationSupporting cooperation between two or more Partner Countries and/or between Partner Countries and EU Member States.
SOCIEUX+ is a technical assistance facility set up and co-funded by the EU through the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Partnerships (INTPA) and the governments of France, Spain, and Belgium, and implemented by a partnership composed of:
SOCIEUX+ and the 2030 Agenda
The SOCIEUX+ themes of Social Protection & Employment are key components of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Many of the 17 goals in this agenda, contain implicit or explicit references to social protection & employment. Social protection forms an integral part of: Goal 1 – No Poverty, and Goal 10 – Reduced Inequalities. Fair employment and labour are core components in the execution of Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth.
Partnering with SOCIEUX+
SOCIEUX+ collaborates with: