Domain and all subdomains: http://socieux.eu
Holder: Expertise France,
Agence Française d’Expertise Technique Internationale
Etablissement public à caractère industriel et commercial
40 boulevard de Port-Royal 75005 Paris
RCS PARIS 808734792
Tax Identification Number (‘N°TVA Intracommunautaire’): FR36 808734792
SOCIEUX+ is a technical cooperation facility set up and co-funded by the European Union (EU) through the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Partnerships (INTPA) and the governments of France, Spain, and Belgium, and implemented by a partnership (hereafter referred to as the Implementation Partners) composed of Expertise France (leading agency), Belgian International Cooperation on Social Protection (BELINCOSOC), the International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies (FIIAPP), and the Belgian Development Agency (Enabel).
The SOCIEUX+ Facility Management Team (FMT) and the Implementation Partners are committed to ensuring that the processing of data complies with the legal framework of the regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons concerning the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
FMT reserves the right to make changes to this legal notice without prior notice. Any changes that we may make to this legal notice will be published on http://socieux.eu (hereafter referred to as “the Website”) and, when appropriate, we will also notify users by email.
The original English version of this document prevails over any translation.
2. PERSONAL DATA DEFINITION
Personal Data refers to any information and data to individually identify Users, directly and/or indirectly, as natural persons. Similarly, it may also refer to any other individual connected to the Users if it involves a legal person. Personal Data includes information directly provided by Users, including among others:
- The identification of Users: first name and surname, gender, nationality, country and city of residence, civil status, date of birth, age, company/institution, job title, personal contact details (for example, address, telephone number, e-mail address), login identifiers, passwords and login data (date and time of logins);
- Qualifications, experience, and professional references;
- Elements for the management of an application file: a CV, cover letter, permit, proof of identity, certificate of employment, diploma,
- Statements, recommendations, ratings, and feedback on satisfaction on activities and events financed by, organised by, co-organised with, and/or supported by SOCIEUX+.
Personal Data is collected through:
- The newsletter (hereafter referred to as “the Newsletter”) registration form on the Website;
- The registration and collection of contact and professional information of experts. and their applications responding to calls for experts published by SOCIEUX+ on its project management tool (hereafter referred to as “the PMT”) at https://pmt.socieux.eu/;
- The registration of participants in e-learning activities organised with the support of SOCIEUX+ through its e-learning platform at https://elearning.socieux.eu/ (hereafter referred to as “the e-learning platform)”.
- Surveys (hereafter referred to as “the surveys”) collected through Microsoft Forms from individuals participating in activities and events financed and implemented with the support of SOCIEUX+, including from:
- Feedback surveys from individuals participating in activities and events financed and implemented with the support of SOCIEUX+, including from:
- Institutions submitting requests for technical cooperation;
- Benefiting partner institutions;
- Mobilised experts; and,
- The Focal Point Registration form on the Website from individuals who wish to be registered in the SOCIEUX+ email listing as a focal point for their institution.
Expertise France formally holds all websites referred to above in the Grant Agreement framework: DCI-HUM/2016/377-043 financed by the EU through INTPA. Data collected, processed, and stored by SOCIEUX+ FMT for the above purposes is accessible to all Implementation Partners and INTPA.
3. DATA STORAGE
Personal Data is stored, as far as known, by SOCIEUX+, the Parties and its contractors on servers in the EU or in the United States. When stored outside the EU, the Users’ rights under European data protection regulations are guaranteed insofar as the contractual relations with the Parties’ contractors are governed by standard contractual clauses that the European Commission has recognised as offering an adequate level of protection for personal data transferred by a European entity to companies established in the United States. The name of the Contractor for individual data storage shall be provided to Users upon request. If Users wish to modify or delete their Personal Data, or have questions or requests about the information submitted, please contact SOCIEUX+ FMT at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raw data may be processed through Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and business intelligence software such as Microsoft PowerBI, among others.
Users’ Personal Data will be kept up to 10 years after the end date of SOCIEUX+ (July 2024), unless explicit request to the contrary. If the User requests the deletion of his/her personal information or the deletion of his/her account, the request will be resolved within a maximum period of 1 (one) month.
SOCIEUX+, the Implementation Partners and INTPA (hereafter referred to as “the Parties”) commit not to use Personal Data for purposes other than those mentioned in the present policy. The Parties will also ensure, as far as reasonable and feasible, the confidentiality of Personal Data. They will also, in good faith, ensure that data is not used for any other purpose by their contractors.
The information recorded in the text files called “cookies” when consulting the Website do not include Personal Data. Only the voluntary newsletter registration form on the Website collects Personal Data (email address).
The purpose of collecting and processing Personal Data (email address) from the newsletter registration form on the Website is to allow the Users to receive this newsletter and be informed about SOCIEUX+ news.
4.4 Project Management Tool
The purpose of collecting Personal Data via the PMT is for SOCIEUX+ to evaluate the applications submitted in response to the Calls for Experts (the opportunities for the mobilisation of experts in the framework of activities and events financed, co-financed or supported by SOCIEUX+; hereafter “SOCIEUX+ activities”) and inform Users about open Calls for Experts by automated email. Through this evaluation, SOCIEUX+ FMT will verify the correlation between the application’s content and the profile sought.
4.5 E-learning platform
Please refer to the General Conditions of the Use of SOCIEUX+ e-learning Platform for more information about the data protection policy of the e-learning platform.
The purpose of collecting and processing Personal Data through the surveys is:
- to monitor and evaluate SOCIEUX+ activities and events.
- communication and visibility purposes
- Business development purposes, including the dissemination of calls for experts.
5. PROCESSING METHODS
When consulting the Website, information concerning the navigation of Users’ terminals (computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.) on the Website may be recorded in text files called “cookies”, which are installed on Users’ terminals, subject to Users’ choices concerning cookies, which Users’ can change at any time. Cookies are not used to gather personal information. Only the issuer of a cookie may read or modify the information contained in it. SOCIEUX+ uses Google Analytics cookies from the group called first-party. These cookies only store navigation data to track Users’ activity within the Website and provide a better browsing experience. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ may implement cookies to share content on social networks or generate access statistics. The presence, number and status of these cookies may depend on Users’ use of the platforms in question before or during their visit to the Website. The Parties have no control over the use of such features by those platforms. SOCIEUX+ invites Users to read the respective policies for managing these cookies on the sites concerned.
The Personal Data for the newsletter is collected from the Website registration form and is processed by the FMT. Subscribers’ information (email) is kept for as long as they stay voluntarily subscribed and up to 10 years after the end date of SOCIEUX+. Consent can be withdrawn at any moment using the “unsubscribe” functionality. The FMT periodically deletes inactive accounts (those with undeliverable or returned emails) from the list of subscribers.
For the management and distribution of our newsletters, SOCIEUX+ uses the services of Mailchimp, whose servers are located in the United States. For more information, please contact us at the address indicated in the Rights Over Personal Data section below and visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
5.3 Project Management Tool
The Personal Data for the PMT is collected when Users create their account and fill out the fields of their profile. The Personal Data collected from the PMT is processed by the FMT. By registering on the PMT, Users provide their consent to the processing of their personal data for the purposes mentioned above and agree to receive automatic notification emails about collaboration opportunities with SOCIEUX+ and its implementation partners. Users can unsubscribe from these e-mails in the management section of their account.
All Personal Data is stored on secure computer servers in the EU to guarantee their confidentiality and security. The name of the Contractor managing the servers shall be provided to Users upon request. If Users wish to modify or delete their personal data, or have questions or requests about the information submitted please contact the FMT at: email@example.com. The approval of the request for deletion of personal data or account closure implies the anonymisation and blocking of a User’s profile. After the anonymisation process, only data necessary for monitoring and evaluation (gender, country, institution of the User) will be kept, which in no case allows the identification of the User.
For the management and sending of automatic emails, SOCIEUX+ uses the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) services provided by Mandrill, which is an add-on to Mailchimp, whose servers are located in the United States. For more information, please contact us at the address indicated in the Rights Over Personal Data section below and visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
5.4 E-learning platform
Please refer to the General Conditions of Use of the Platform for more information about the data protection policy of the e-learning platform.
Personal Data for the surveys is collected through Microsoft Forms from individuals participating in activities and events financed and implemented with the support of SOCIEUX+, as well as from individuals who wish to be registered in the SOCIEUX+ email listing as a focal point for their institution. Microsoft Forms data is stored on servers in the United States, except for data for EU-based tenants such as the Parties. The data for EU-based tenants is stored on servers in EU Member States and is compliant with GDPR norms.
SOCIEUX+ collects with these forms (non-exhaustive list):
- The identification of Users: first name and surname, gender, nationality, country and city of residence, civil status, date of birth, age, company/institution, job title, personal contact details (for example, address, telephone number, e-mail address),
- Their feedback on activities and events such as ratings, recommendations, and written comments on the quality of the organisation of activities and events, and the impact of these activities and events on the Users and the organisations they work for;
- Statements on Users’ experiences with SOCIEUX+ and the activities and events supported by SOCIEUX+.
In the case of feedback surveys, SOCIEUX+ aggregates collected data for monitoring and evaluation purposes. Aggregated data is anonymised for all purposes. SOCIEUX+ also uses Users’ individual responses to follow up on implementing activities and events for quality monitoring purposes. Individual statements may be used in the reports and corporate communications of SOCIEUX+ and/or the Parties. The specific questions collecting such statements are clearly indicated in each form.
In the case of the focal point registration form on the website, SOCIEUX+ uses individual responses and personal data for business development purposes, including the dissemination of calls for experts, and for possible follow-up with the respondent. The personal data and contact details provided will only be accessible to SOCIEUX+ FMT.
By submitting their responses through Microsoft Forms or other types of questionnaires containing similar questions, Users provide their consent for the processing of aggregated and personal data. They also provide their consent for the use of the submitted statements. Statements may be used in part, in total, or redacted, anonymously or as a citation with the User’s name and affiliated organisation. SOCIEUX+ is not liable for the content and opinions expressed in Users’ statements.
6. RIGHTS OVER PERSONAL DATA
SOCIEUX+ guarantees the following rights for Users whose Personal Data it processes and/or has been processed:
- Right of access: Users can access their Personal Data collected by SOCIEUX+ at any time.
- Right of correction: Users can have their Personal Data held by SOCIEUX+ corrected at any time.
- Right of objection: Users can refuse the processing of their Personal Data by SOCIEUX+ at any time.
- Portability: Users can request to receive their Personal Data held by SOCIEUX+ in a structured format. They may also ask SOCIEUX+ to transfer their Personal Data to another processing manager.
- Right of deletion: Users can request SOCIEUX+ to delete any or all Personal Data concerning them.
- Right to restriction of processing: Users can request SOCIEUX+ to partially process any or all Personal Data concerning them.
To obtain information concerning these rights, exercise these rights, or ask any questions concerning the processing of their Personal Data, Users can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Users should provide a reason for their request to exercise rights concerning the Personal Data held by SOCIEUX+.
SOCIEUX+ reserves the right to oppose this type of request for overriding reasons, particularly when such requests have the effect of blocking the purpose of the above-mentioned processing. It will then be up to the FMT to justify itself on this point to the requesting User.